Dayquil, Dayquil, Nyquil, Repeat.

That’s the schedule my life revolved around for the last four days.  Except it went a little something like this: Day Time Cold/Flu Medicine, Day Time Cold/Flu Medicine, Nite Time Cold/Flu Medicine, Repeat because even though I specifically asked the hubs to bring me back Dayquil/Nyquil HE SAVED 60 CENTS BUYING THE OFF BRAND.  And you don’t know what kind of a high the hubs gets from saving two quarters and a dime all in one day.  It’s the little things.

While I had a great trip in Vegas and got back Sunday night I was woken up feeling like I was hit by a train on Monday morning.  I’ve finally won the battle with the fever that was staying strong in the 99.7-100.7 range but it’s left me with the worlds worst ear/headache.  Thanks for that.  You’ll know how crappy I felt if you understand that my DVR began collecting some of the seasons best new shows and I slept through two entire days.  I couldn’t keep my eyes open to see even one performer on American Idol (not that they were very good).  And getting out of bed to check my email just wasn’t going to happen, considering I got this fancy new desktop that requires me to SIT UP in order to use it.  No thank you.

Honestly the only thing keeping me going was the thought of my new wedges I won on eBay last week to arrive.  The vision of the hubs bringing them to me and slipping one on my foot Cinderella style while I lay there in bed admiring their beauty kept me going.  But did they arrive?  No.  Of course not.  Hubs, are you SURE you put the right shipping address?  I know I’ve asked you 10,000 times but CHECK AGAIN.

I finally dragged my butt out of bed last night in hopes of making my night class.  I even managed to put a brush through my hair and put on something besides pajamas stained in Chinese food (the only thing I wanted to eat while feeling sick, naturally) and THE TEACHER DOESN’T SHOW.  I got out of bed, did my hair and put on semi-clean clothes to get stood up?  Love you too, Community College.

Speak Your Mind